Sunday, June 7, 2009

In Korea...

Here are some 'strange' things I have noticed so far...
  • I check my email so many times a day its kinda sickening
  • I found out who my true friends are
  • There is no daylight savings time
  • The attitude about N Korea is "yeah, whatever"
  • Women wear heels all the time
  • You have to take your shoes off at the door - before entering homes and restaurants
  • I can't wear anything sleeveless, but wearing a skirt with your butt hanging out is OK
  • Nothing is too short
  • Everyone has a cell phone
  • Track suits are totally in (especially if you wear heels with them)
  • So are high-tops
  • Guys carry their girlfriends purses
  • Guys carry their own purses
  • Clashing colors, prints, and styles totally match
  • Cars drive and park on the sidewalk
  • Red lights mean nothing
  • Taxi drivers tell you no if your destination is not a big enough fare
  • You have to go to the pharmacy to get any form of medication (including aspirin)
  • Everyone is photo-crazy; I think the Koreans take more pictures than I do
  • Couples wear matching t-shirts, shoes, jackets, underwear, etc.
  • It's OK for people to run into you and just keep going
  • Normal pizza toppings include corn, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and of course kimchi
  • Red pepper is the main ingredient in almost everything
  • Side dishes are a little strange (relish and onions with pizza, pickles with pasta)
  • When you go out to eat, side-dishes are unlimited refills
  • The reason behind everything is because "it's good for your health"
  • Even though they hate English, every t-shirt, baseball cap, bag, etc. is written in English
  • Often times, these things are spelled wrong or are completely inappropriate
  • Old people and kids stare at me all the time - I swear, even dogs stare at me
  • Every Korean seems to have an umbrella when it rains
  • Anytime is coffee time; and the coffee shops are always packed
  • Seoul never sleeps, but the subway does
  • The subway closes earlier on the weekend, than on weekdays
  • People talk to me in Korean like I understand them and just keep going
  • Korean men do not age well
  • Korean girls date the ugliest foreign guys

That's all I can think of for now, but I am sure there are tons more!

1 comment:

  1. Man! Look at you go! You're going to be totally addicted to this blogging thing! And a big "Amen" to the last comment on your list! What are they thinking?!

    ReplyDelete