Monday, July 13, 2009

one of those days

Mondays always start off slow. Hit the snooze a few too many times, get a late start, and roll into work just on time; this could not happen today. Too much to do and I have classes with my head coteacher on Mondays. This Monday was looking bright; it was the last Monday of the semester. Yeah, summer camp starts next week but that's totally different than regular classes.
I busted out my new shoes - that I paid too much for, but with my giant foot (260mm) I can't find any shoes (or clothes or bras or...) that fit - walked to the elevator and my foot is already bleeding! Not sure what happened, but it wasn't the best way to start the day. I rushed back to my apt - good thing too, because my flip flop was lodged in the door, keeping it propped open - and put on my shoes with a hole in the bottom. That made for a lovely walk to school...

When I got to school (now with two bleeding feet) my coteacher asked me why I looked so bad today?!?!?!?!? I just smiled and went to my room to get ready for class. The class went really well (and by well, I mean I just stood around and did nothing) and I even had time to check my email. To my dismay, my inbox was empty!!! So from Friday afternoon to Monday morning, nobody emailed me! I was very sad.

Time for class again, but this time class was not so good. The boys classes are always a challenge, but today they were exceptionally bad. The boys would not listen, tried to steal some stuff, and then my coteacher told me that I need to get a better handle on them. That's the last time I try to do anything nice with the boys classes!

At lunch I was told that I was a disgrace to my family because my younger sister is getting married before me. Then I was reminded that I am 27 and single - oh the horror!!! On my way back from lunch I stopped in the bathroom to wash my hands and looked up to see a pretty horrid reflection. I looked like I hadn't slept in days! What could make this any better than running into the principal on my way back to my office. He proceeded to ask me if I drank too much last night! Great, just great...

But Mondays aren't all bad. We only have 6 classes instead of 7 so I thought I was going to get to leave on time (quite possibly early), but I was wrong again! Instead of either of those things happening, I left two hours late!

After a lot of convincing, I decided to go to yoga (instead of an all-night bender). But in all the drama of the day, I forgot to drink enough water. I had to walk out of class 15 minutes early! The teacher kept calling my name, but I didn't know how to say to him, "if I don't get out of here right now, I am gonna throw up all over your yoga studio!"

Like I said, it was just one of those days!

1 comment:

  1. boo. sorry cousin. people suck sometimes. especially people who aren't me.

    love you tons!

    ReplyDelete